IELTS Topic; Health, Medicines, Illnesses
Let’s discuss another important topic which will be very useful if you want to health. In terms of lexis, this topic incorporates a lot of useful terms and words which can also be used when talking about food, diet, and even sports. So let’s get started
- eye drops – a liquid substance used for eye treatment
- syringe a device made of a hollow tube and a needle that is used to force fluids into or take fluids out of the body
- pilla small, rounded object that you swallow and that contains medicine, vitamins, etc.
- a dose of medicine – a dose of a substance that is used in treating disease or relieving pain and that is usually in the form of a pill or a liquid
- shot/injection the act or process of forcing (injecting) a liquid medicine or drug into someone or something by using a special needle.
- painkiller – a drug that decreases or removes the pain that you feel in your body
- Asthma a physical condition that makes it difficult for someone to breathe
- bronchitis an illness in which your bronchial tubes become sore or damaged and you cough a lot
- cancer a serious disease caused by cells that are not normal and that can spread to one or many parts of the body.
- cold a common illness that affects the nose, throat, and eyes and that usually causes coughing, sneezing, etc.
- flu (influenza) a common disease that is caused by a virus and that causes fever, weakness, body aches, and breathing problems
- cough a physical condition or illness that causes someone to cough;
- diabetes a serious disease in which the body cannot properly control the amount of sugar in your blood because it does not have enough insulin
- disease – an illness that affects a person, animal, or plant: a condition that prevents the body or mind from working normally
- fatiguethe state of being very tired: extreme weariness
- food poisoning sickness caused by bacteria or chemicals in food
- cuts a wound on a person’s body that is made by something sharp
- bruises a dark and painful area on your skin that is caused by an injury
Register For Free Visa Consultation