Are you all wondering what exams to appear for when dreaming of studying in your desirable foreign country?
Have you just completed your 12th and are worrying about which exam is suitable for you and which exam is necessary to get admission to your Dream College or university in the U.S. and Canada? Also, where to get the best coaching across Chennai? Then you have come to the right place. Kanan International Pvt. Ltd. is the leading firm providing SAT Coaching in Chennai. It is all for the right reasons: You will be placed under the pedagogy of experts, well-experienced trainers, who have trained more than 20,000 students over 25 years!
Now let's know about who is supposed to appear for the SAT and why?
Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) is a standardized undergraduate university admission test conducted by the College Board for offering admission to candidates in universities of the U.S. & Canada. Students looking forward to pursuing the undergraduate programs in the U.S. appear for their SAT. Moreover, many institutes offer SAT Scholarship money to students based on their SAT results.
Not only SAT Coaching in Chennai, we at Kanan International Pvt. Ltd., also offer coaching for other prerequisite aptitude and proficiency tests, supplemented by our one & only industry-leading portal, KananPREP. Whether it is SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT, Kanan International Pvt. Ltd. facilitates students with the ultra-modern material, combined, with a cutting-edge test engine, KananPREP, to prepare students for excellence in whichever exam they appear for.
Highlights of our SAT coaching center in Chennai
- 12- Week live classes by expert mentors for Reading, Writing and language, Essay, and the Math sections.
- Lectures are archived. Just choose the date when you missed the lecture and watch the recording.
- Six months of course validity and can repeat the curriculum when needed.
- Students can choose to answer the written essay question as well.
- In our SAT coaching center in Chennai, students can appear for five mock tests, with instant results (out of a score of 1600), and can also receive an evaluation of their essay in 2-3 working days.
- Saturday Live doubt solving sessions.
- Students will also be provided with hard copies of the College Board official guide and 2 Barron's books in the student kit for handy reference during the live classes.
There's no doubt that there are several SAT coaching institutes in Chennai which provide coaching for prerequisites exams. Still, Kanan International has become a pioneer in the industry to assist students with every process.
What is the syllabus of SAT preparation and coaching classes in Chennai?
We make sure our tutors follow the updated SAT syllabus for 2021, adhering to the latest exam pattern prescribed by College Board and ETS. The SAT syllabus followed in our SAT preparation and coaching classes in Chennai includes an updated SAT course covering sections like reading, writing, language test, math, and essay sections.
Types of SAT exams our Chennai students can write
With our expert coaching, students can write two main types of SAT exams.
Most commonly asked exam, which aims to test aptitude level in general subjects such as literacy and numeracy.
Focuses on testing knowledge within a particular subject area required for a specific degree program.
SAT 1 exam runs for over 3 hours and is given with a paper-based model. It comprises four sections:
65 mins / 52 questions
35 mins / 45 questions
Optional Essay Writing
50 mins / 1 questions
Mathematics (with calculator)
55 mins / 38 questions
Mathematics (without calculator)
25 mins / 20 questions
The SAT exam is scored out of 1600. The highest composite score for the SAT is 800+800, or 1600. The average score is 1000.
SAT High Scores from Chennai
Now you all might want to know about the number of students who appeared for the SAT Exams from our Chennai branch and their success scores, then here's your answer. Five hundred thirty students from our Chennai branch gave SAT exams in the last five years, and 1490 is the average score ratio they have achieved.
SAT Coaching in Chennai: Student Reviews and Testimonials
SAT preparation options and course variants for our SAT course in Chennai
We, at Kanan International, offer various SAT coaching modes and variants like online & classroom training methods basic level & advanced level training in our SAT course in Chennai.
SAT classroom training in Chennai
One of the top reasons is that students can contact our experienced tutors and instructors face-to-face by participating in group discussions. It also encourages a higher level of competitiveness among students.
Upcoming batches, schedules, timings, duration, course fees of the SAT coaching classes in Chennai
After examining the students' rigid time schedules properly, our SAT Coaching Classes in Chennai offer unparalleled flexibility to ensure that students can maximize their scores while obliging their other commitments. We provide several batches organized at various times, on weekdays, weekends, offline, and online, everything at an affordable coaching fee of INR 15,000 only!
|SAT Batch in Chennai||Batches Starts On||Course Fees||Timings||Days|
|Weekdays Regular||14 Jun 2021||Rs, 15000||Flexible timings between 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM||Mon to Fri|
|Weekdays Morning||15 Jun 2021||Rs, 15000||7.30 AM to 9.00 AM||Mon to Fri|
|Weekdays Evening||18 Jun 2021||Rs, 15000||6.00 PM to 7.30 PM||Mon to Fri|
|Weekends||20 Jun 2021||Rs, 12500||10.00 AM to 1.00 PM||Sat & Sun|
|Online batch||21 Jun 2021||Rs, 12500||7.30 AM to 9.00 AM||Mon to Fri|
|Fast track batch||23 Jun 2021||Rs, 17000||10.00 AM to 2.00 PM||Mon to Fri|
|Online Fast track batch||25 Jun 2021||Rs, 14000||10.00 AM to 2.00 PM||Mon to Fri|
Additionally, if students are not comfortable with the given batch details of our SAT coaching classes in Chennai, they can opt for a customized batch at Kanan International, Chennai.
Who will Train You?
What is the Coach / Trainer Profile of SAT Training in Chennai?
- Kanan International has been in the education consulting business for 25 years. We have guided more than 20000 students and helped them achieve their dreams.
- Our trainers are experienced individuals who are well versed in the curriculum for the SAT exam. Our trainers also hold the relevant credentials to ensure an excellent standard of teaching is maintained.
- A first among SAT training in Chennai is our doubt-clearing sessions. Our trainers are patient and ensure that every student's doubts are being cleared before moving on to ensure that not a single student feels left behind.
- Our trainers also have a passion for teaching so that students themselves feel the urge to learn.
- Furthermore, most of our trainers are bi-lingual or multi-lingual, and so they can explain the particular difficulty to grasp concepts in a much more straightforward way.
- We follow the SAT curriculum, and we keep updating our material to reflect and ensure that our SAT training in Chennai is the most up-to-date.
Quantitative Aptitude Training for GRE, GMAT, and SAT math
An aptitude test is a systematic means of testing a candidate's abilities to perform specific tasks and react to a range of different situations. At Kanan International, we prepare students for quantitative aptitude tests as well for GRE, GMAT & SAT Math.
SAT certification course in Chennai
Universities these days have become overwhelmed by the student's applications across the globe. Thus, to cope up with difficulty in selecting a perfect student for them, they prioritize more on SAT Scores, and that's why, if you are willing to get admission to your dream university on the very first attempt, you are supposed to score well in your SAT Exams. That is only possible if you get mentored by experts by joining a proper SAT course in Chennai with certifications.
Preparing for the SAT by yourself is a very much viable option. However, SAT certification coaching allows you to speed up learning by enabling you to understand the required concepts from skilled mentors faster. Moreover, at Kanan International, our expert mentors have been coaching students for several years and have developed the skills to emphasize concepts and tips and tricks that can help you achieve a good score. And not only this, but we also guide university admission to the Visa process, all in one place. So, our SAT course in Chennai is the only best place to approach if you want to achieve your dreams systematically.
Everything You Want to Know before joining SAT Coaching in Chennai
Apart from all the points covered above, there are few other things you'll need to know before joining SAT coaching in Chennai:
SAT exam pattern
The SAT exam spans over 3 hours. It comprises four sections – Reading, Writing, and Language; Mathematics (with a calculator); Mathematics (without a calculator). The fifth section is that of essay writing to be attempted in 50 minutes and optional. It is, however, required by some colleges. Test-takers obtain scores in a range between 400-1600.
Tips & Tricks to score high in SAT exam
Candidates who intend to appear for SAT exam need to be good readers who possess a good vocabulary. They must also have the endowment to sustain the pressure of answering questions in a shorter period as the test requires dealing with multiple sections. For the overall preparation, SAT is similar to the other exams because candidates can either take the route of self-studying or attend coaching classes.
For self-study, you need motivation and self-discipline to continue with the routine. This method will help you save lots of time and money.
However, if you feel you learn the best in a classroom environment, attending coaching classes is not bad. Remember that you can choose to study on your own or through professional help. There is no right or wrong way.
The SAT Writing section tests your writing skills in two different ways:
- An Essay Question
- Multiple-Choice Questions
The essay must be attempted within 25 minutes to take a stand on a broad topic followed by examples. The multiple-choice questions have 49 questions, and these questions are broken into three types:
- 25 Improving Sentences
- 18 Identifying Sentence Errors
- Six improving Paragraphs
You will be given an open-ended essay that will ask you to state a viewpoint and support it. Your essay does not have to be grammatically perfect, but it does have to be focused and organized. The standard five-paragraph essay can be an effective way to build your viewpoint.
There are three types of multiple-choice writing questions: Improving the sentence, Sentence Error, and Improving Paragraphs. For all of these question types, think about the most straightforward, most precise way to express an idea. If an answer choice sounds awkward or overly complicated, the chances are good that it's wrong.
Overall, understand the test structure well. SAT questions can be divided into three levels of difficulty: easy, medium, and hard. The questions in the first third of each section are easy, those in the second third are medium, and those in the last third are hard. So you should spend your time making sure you get the easy, and medium questions correct and tackle the challenging problems if time remains. Rushing through the test to get to the most challenging questions will only drag your score down.
Critical Reading of the SAT exam questions tests your ability to understand a written passage and answer questions based on the passage. The first thing to do is to read the passage so that you have an idea of what the passage is all about and understand the author's tone and attitude and the organization of the passage. The questions will test the depth of your understanding of the topic, how well you understood the meaning and how well you can apply grammatical knowledge.
- Number of questions - 67 questions
(19 Sentence Completions, 48 Reading Comprehension).
- Duration- 70 minutes
(Two 25-minute sections, one 20-minute section).
- Score Range - 200-800
In the sentence completion section, each question is a sentence containing either one or two blanks. Your job is to figure out which answer correctly completes the sentence. As you read, try to predict what word should go in each blank. Sometimes you can guess the meaning of one blank, but not the other. In that case, scan the answer choices, look for a word similar to the one you've predicted, and then eliminate the answer choices that don't match up.
The Critical Reading test includes both long and short reading passages. Skim each passage to see what it's about. Don't worry about the details, just look for the main ideas. Then tackle the questions that direct you straight to the answer by referring you to a specific line in the passage. Indirect or more challenging problems can be looked upon later.
While preparing for the maths section of SAT, the most critical skill you need is a good understanding of formulae and theories. You can't attempt this section without a thorough knowledge of mathematics. Focusing primarily on exam strategies will not help as this section checks your knowledge base. The most important tip you need to follow is to deepen your understanding of mathematics. Other than that, here a few pointers and advice to help you prepare for the section.
- Math Section: Number of questions - 54 questions (44 multiple choice and ten grid-in)
- Duration - 70 minutes (two 25 minutes sections and one 20 minute section). It tests basic arithmetic, algebra I & II, and geometry.
SAT exam dates and deadlines in 2021
|Exam Date||Registration Deadline||Changes Deadline|
|13 Mar 2021||12 Feb 2021||2 May 2021|
|8 May 2021||8 Apr 2021||27 Apr 2021|
|5 June 2021||6 May 2021||26 May 2021|
What is a good SAT score?
A composite SAT score of 1083 or more is above average score, which can be considered a good SAT scor
Best websites for SAT preparation
- Khan Academy
- The Princeton Review-SAT Prep
- PrepScholar- New SAT Prep Online Course
- ePrep- SAT Courses
- CollegeVine- Online SAT Tutoring Program
Special attention for English Learning through Conversations
At Kanan, we believe in learning that extends beyond the boundaries of the regular curriculum. While all the English sections of the SAT 1 are in written form, we want to ensure that students thoroughly understand and interpret the English language's intricacies, which can only be done through English learning through Conversations. Apart from this, we also help students improve their Spoken English by motivating them to participate in conversations and group discussions.
SAT Coaching Discussions, special classes, and doubt clearing sessions in Chennai
- Furthermore, live doubt solving sessions are dedicated to ironing out the creases in your learning.
- Apart from these, there are discussions and doubt solving sessions held at the end of every class.
- Students can also watch the archived lectures to go over any material they might not have understood or need to revise.
- As a student, you will get ample opportunities to clear your doubts regarding any of the course material throughout the course.
- The large number of batches at different timings ensures that each batch is small, and therefore students get individual attention.
- We cover separate doubt clearing sessions
- Special classes for individual students
- Group discussions after every session
- Free refresher sessions
- Exam guidance sessions
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) Reasoning and Subject Exam Venues, Dates, and Registration Deadlines
|Exam Date||Registration Deadline||Changes Deadline|
|8 Mar 2021||8 Apr 2021||27 Apr 2021|
|5 June 2021||6 May 2021||26 May 2021|
SAT Exam Venues Chennai
The College Board sponsors the SAT, the Advanced Placement program Exams, and other testing programs and decides how they will be constructed, administered, and used. ETS (Educational Testing System) develops and administers these tests on behalf of the College Board.
Study materials used for tutorials for SAT in Chennai
- Undertaking Tutorials for SAT in Chennai with us has the advantage of being provided with six months of course validity.
- Our study material is entirely prepared by SME's (Subject Matter Expert) through which students can make sure about the authenticity of the materials they are using for their preparation.
- We also deliver classes online, provide video lessons, PDFs, and guides, and four copies of Barron's books to the students to refer to.
- Students also get an advantage of attending nine weeks of live classes, conducted by expert mentors, for all SAT 1 sections, that too, twice a day
Frequently Asked Questions regarding SAT coaching in Chennai
How can students improve their knowledge in SAT?
How many sections does the SAT exam have?
How many times can I appear for the SAT examination?
How much time does it take to prepare for the SAT examination?
Does the SAT examination have all MCQ's?
Why do I need SAT Coaching? Is SAT Coaching necessary?
Advantages of studying in the U.S
- The USA's economy
- Quality of teaching
- Diversity and inclusion
- Demand for skills and enterprise