1. Memorial University consistently ranks in the top 25 universities in Canada (QS World University Rankings).
2. Memorial University is ranked sixth among comprehensive universities in Canada, in the 2015 Maclean’s University Rankings.
3. Memorial University placed first out of 15 comprehensive universities in the student/ faculty ratio and first among all universities in Canada in operating budget per student (2015 Maclean’s University Rankings).
4. Grenfell Campus has one of the best student/faculty ratios in Canada – our small class sizes give you better access to your professors to help you succeed.
5. Quality: world class, award winning professors. Professors are active researchers. We are a campus of Memorial University, which has achieved top 400 ranking in the Academic Ranking of World Universities and consistently ranks in the top five comprehensive universities in the Maclean’s magazine ranking of Canadian universities.
6. Program choice: 18 undergraduate degrees in arts, business, education, fine arts, nursing, resource management and science, and a master of arts in environmental policy.
7. Our size: With approximately 1,400 students and a student to faculty ratio of 12:1, our students get individualized attention.
8. Our people: Our people are known for their friendliness and they make us who we are. It’s easy to get involved and meet people. Professors get to know you.
9. Unique location: Located in Eastern Canada, Corner Brook is known for its breathtaking beauty. Hiking, skiing, and kayaking are just a few of the outdoor activities available. Corner Brook is a small community with the amenities of a larger center.
10. Career experience: there are numerous part-time jobs available on-campus to give students relevant work experience. Students work as research assistants with professors, lab assistants, library assistants, campus tour guides, or work in one of the many offices on campus. Students can also avail of the ACCESS mentorship program where students are connected with committed professionals in the workplace to gain firsthand knowledge and experience in a field of interest
11. Our facilities: Grenfell Campus is home to Atlantic Canada’s largest telescope. Also, Grenfell is close to Memorial's Bonne Bay Marine Station where students can avail of field courses. A Boreal Ecosystem Research Facility was recently opened and will focus on research in forestry, agriculture and the environmental sector. Grenfell also houses a 200 seat black-box theatre that is used by its theatre students and studio space for visual arts students.