Top MBA colleges in Canada
- By Kanan Team
- Wed Nov 25 2020
Top MBA colleges in Canada
In this blog you will know all about Top MBA colleges in Canada including fees, eligibility, placement and other information from an Indian student’s point of view. Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a well coveted post-graduate degree program that provides insight and knowledge to students and helps them get expertise in managing businesses.
MBA graduates can use their knowledge to work in any kind of business such as low scale business, large scale business, or can launch their own start-up as entrepreneurs. It is one of the most popular qualifications and is highly reputed in India and abroad for business aspirants.
MBA degree can help the holder get numerous job opportunities and do better financially as MBA graduates are paid a handsome salary, not only in India but all around the world. If you are an MBA aspirant and want to pursue the degree in one of the top MBA colleges in Canada, go no further. This article will cover everything you need to know about the top MBA colleges in Canada.
Table of Content:
- Why pursue an MBA in Canada?
- Advantages of studying in Canada.
- Types of MBA courses offered in Canada
- Top Canadian MBA colleges and business institutes and their fee structure.
- Kanan’s recommended top 5 business schools in Canada.
- Top MBA colleges in Canada with GMAT score requirements
- Work experience required to pursue MBA in Canada.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding MBA in Canada:
1. Why pursue an MBA in Canada?
MBA degree aspirants have a lot of well-reputed institutes to choose from in Canada. Graduating in MBA from a top Canadian business school helps in gaining the coveted Master’s degree and business management skills in a world-class environment. MBA in Canada degree is regarded highly and helps the student land a potentially very well paid job after graduation.
Canada is a hotspot for international students as it has around 100 higher education institutes and is home to 9 out of 150 top MBA colleges in the world. Canada has recently been referred to as one of the best study destinations in the world. That is due to its well-established education and immigration system. Canada is also rated as the most educated country and is referred to as one of the safest places to live.
7. Advantages of studying MBA in Canada:
There are thousands of MBA colleges in India and across the world with decent placement support. But why we recommend studying MBA in Canada. There must be some reasons right? So, in this section you will find 7 advantages of studying MBA in Canada.
- Easy visa processing and admissions in MBA courses.
- Internationally recognized Master’s degrees from well-reputed institutes provide better future job opportunities.
- Strong financial sector with a growth of around 11% in the last decade.
- MBA Students can gain valuable experience and insight into the business industry through various internship programs provided by certain business institutes.
- MBA graduates from well-reputed Canadian colleges have an upper hand in the business industry as they gain real-world business knowledge, which in turn boosts their potential income.
- Post-MBA, due to Canada’s liberal visa policies, students can obtain a post-graduate work permit and can apply to start working full time at the place of their choice.
- Canadian business institutes help MBA students to incorporate various traits that are preferred by multinational companies. Canadian institutes inculcate certain traits in MBA students, such as problem-solving, leadership, and good communication skills, which are very necessary for MBA professionals working in a company. Most employers in Canada prefer to hire students who have received their Master’s degrees from well-known business institutions in Canada.
Hope now you completely understood advantages of studying MBA in Canada.
Types of MBA courses offered in Canada
There are primarily 4 types of MBA courses in Canada by AACSB accredited top universities, business schools and institutes for the benefit of international students. They are as follows.
1. Full-time MBA: Students who want to devote their full time to study opt for this type of MBA, which is generally of 1-2 years.
2. Part-time MBA: Students who want to study as well as keep working opt for this program. This program is of long duration and lasts about 3-4 years.
3. International MBA: With a duration of 20 months, International MBA provides international students an opportunity to learn from top professors and work with industry leaders. This program provides the students with necessary global exposure as it offers international field study and various global courses.
4. Executive MBA: With duration of just 13 months, the Executive MBA program is preferred by students who want to work in the financial sector while studying finance.
Now you the different types of MBA courses offered in Canada, it is time to know about the top Canadian Business institutes. So, we will exactly find out what are they and their fee structure in upcoming sections.
Top Canadian business institutes and their fee structure:
As promised in the previous section, you can find TOP Canadian MBA colleges and their fee structure in this section.
|Business Institution||World Rank||Rank in Canada (MBA)||Duration of the program||
Tuition Fees (CAD $)
|Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto||28||1||2 Years||$120,000|
|Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University||33||2||2Years||$89,000|
Ivey Business school, University of Western Ontario
|Schulich School of Business, York University||481||4||1 Year||$99,000|
|Smith School of Business, Queen's University||239||5||1 Year||$93,000|
|HEC Montreal||59||6||1 Year||$34,000|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||47||7||16 months||$80,000|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||464||8||16 months||$37,000|
|Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta||109||9||2 Years||$58,000|
|Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University||264||10||16 months||$51,000|
Canada has comparatively cheaper tuition fees for MBA programs, unlike other countries such as the UK and the USA, which makes it an affordable country to pursue further studies. Average tuition fees to study MBA in one of the top universities in Canada ranges around 55000 CAD for Canadian citizens and 85000 CAD for international students.
The average potential salary for MBA holders from one of these top universities is 95000 CAD per annum. Now you have the list of top MBA colleges in Canada and their fee structure from this blog, We recommend you to go through Shikhsha’s top 10 MBA colleges in Canada so that you can make even more informed decisions regarding admissions.
Kanan’s recommended top 5 business schools in Canada
There are so many choices when it comes to selecting top MBA schools and academies. To make your life easier, we recommend these top 5 business schools in Canada considering their
- Placement record,
- MBA faculty experience & expertise,
- Academic journals and publications of research papers
- Safety and
- Transport facilities
1. Rotman School of Management, Toronto University:
Situated in the city of Toronto, Rotman School of Management is the most famous and highly-regarded business institute in Canada. The cost of tuition is pretty high compared to other universities, as the fee is around 12000 CAD. It is listed on FIND as one of the best schools for MBA aspirants to grow in a career in Finance or Financial Services, Corporate Finance and Strategy.
The most popular courses offered by this university are Brand Management, Business Design, Consulting, Financial Reporting, and Analysis. Morning & Evening MBA, Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA/MGA (Master of Global Affairs), MBA/PharmD are some of the popular part-time courses. The average salary of an MBA graduate from Toronto University is CAD 99,419.
2. Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University:
The McGill University of Montreal is another famous university ranked number 1 in Canada by the Wall Street Journal and is preferred by many MBA aspirants. Tuition fees in McGill for MBA students are 89,000 CAD. McGill University offers a full-time MBA course, the duration of which is 20 months.
The most popular courses offered are Finance, Marketing, Global Strategy and Leadership, Technology, and Innovation Management. The average salary of an MBA graduate from McGill University is CAD 87,661.
3. Schulich School of Business, York University:
Another University located in the city of Toronto and is a popular destination for many MBA aspirants. Tuition fees at York University for MBA students are 99000 CAD. York University offers a full-time MBA course, the duration of which is 20 months.
The full-time courses offered are MBA, International MBA (IMBA), and MBA (in India). Part-time courses include MBA and Executive MBA. Dual Degree courses like MBA/JD (MBA Juris Doctor), MBA/MFA/MA (MBA/Master of Fine Arts/ Master of Arts) are also offered. The average salary of an MBA graduate from York University is CAD 93,100.
4. Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
Located in the city of London in the Ontario province, the University of Western Ontario is a well-known destination for MBA aspirants. Tuition fees at the University of Western Ontario for MBA students are 92,000 CAD. Courses such as Finance, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Strategy and Leadership, International Management, and Marketing are offered.
The full-time courses are Ivey MBA and MBA (Accelerated). Dual degree courses offered here is MBA/JD. The average salary of an MBA graduate from the University of Western Ontario is CAD 115,146.
5. Sauder School of Business, British Columbia University:
Located in the province of British Columbia, BC University offers courses in finance, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship, Product, and Service Management. MBA and International MBA are the part-time courses offered. Dual courses offered are MBA/JD (MBA Juris Doctor).
Executive MBA courses offered are Strategic Mining Management and Healthcare. The tuition fee at BC University for MBA students is 80,000 CAD, and the average salary of an MBA graduate from British Columbia University is 84,000 CAD.
Top MBA colleges in Canada with GMAT score requirements
These are some of the universities in Canada that accept GMAT score as a eligibility criteria for admissions in their summer and fall admissions in MBA degree programs. We have also mentioned the minimum required GMAT scores and average GMAT scores considered in the last few years.
- University of Toronto: Required- 550, Average- 669
- McGill University: Required- 550, Average- 660
- University of Western Ontario: Required- 550, Average- 667
- York University: Required- 550, Average- 660
- University of Alberta: Required- 550, Average- 612
- University of British Columbia: Required- 550, Average- 650
Work experience required to pursue an MBA in Canada
|Business Institute||Work experience required|
|Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto||8 Years|
|Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University||5 Years|
|Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario||5 Years|
|Schulich School of Business, York University||5 Years|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||5 Years|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||5 Years|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||13 Years|
|Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta||4 Years|
|Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University||5 Years|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding MBA in Canada:
Q. Is MBA in Canada Worth It?
A. MBA aspirants have various reasons to study in Canada. First of all, MBA graduates from some of the top business schools in Canada saw an 80% increment in salary post-MBA as compared to their salary pre-MBA.
Another reason is that Canada is ranked as one of the most educated and safest countries in the world. Moreover, Canada is comparatively cheaper to live and study as compared to other countries such as the UK and the USA.
Q. University with the cheapest MBA program in Canada for International Students?
A. If you want to pursue MBA in Canada, but the tuition fees asked by the top-rated universities is too high, you can pursue MBA at other middle-ranked or low ranked but yet internationally recognized universities in Canada, like Memorial of University Newfoundland, which offers a course of two years and the tuition fee, is 9572 USD or 7 lakhs rupees.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology offers a course of 1 year, and the tuition fee is around 13,947 USD or 10 lakh rupees.
Q. What kind of job opportunities are available for MBA graduates in Canada?
A. There are abundant job opportunities for MBA graduates in Canada. MBA graduates can work in various sectors such as Accounting and consultancy, IT services, Health industry, Government job as an administrator and last but not the least,.
MBA graduates can work at any low-scale or large-scale companies in the department of technical management, sales, marketing, product or project management.
Q. What is the difference between 1 year and 2 year MBA program?
A. Normal duration of a full-time MBA program in Canada ranges between 1-2 years. 1 year MBA courses require the student to invest a lot of time for that year to focus and work with the required intensity to focus on a single goal set by them.
1 year MBA programs usually do not offer any internship opportunities. 2 year MBA program is somewhat relaxed and allows students to explore various post-MBA careers through internships and global exposure provided by the institutes.
Q. Can students pursuing MBA in Canada work right after completing their graduation?
A. Yes, students who graduate from a designated learning institution that is approved by the federal and provincial government of Canada can apply for their post-graduation work permit (PGWP) right after they graduate.
The duration of PGWP depends entirely on the time student has spent studying in Canada. Certain qualified MBA graduates can also apply for Provincial Nominations in provinces where someone of their qualifications is required in the labor market under the skilled labor stream or entrepreneur stream. Getting a provincial nomination can guarantee an invitation to apply for permanent residence in Express Entry draws conducted by Canada.
Q. Which competitive exams are required for MBA in Canada?
A. GMAT, IELTS, and TOEFL are the exams one should give and submit the required test scores to get accepted into top MBA Canadian universities. Certain universities do not require the applicant to submit their GMAT scores and are enrolled just on the bases of their educational qualification and their IELTS score.
Q. Which scholarships are available for students looking to pursue an MBA in Canada?
A. There are various scholarships available for students aiming to pursue MBA in Canada. Numerous universities give scholarships to students with an exceptionally good academic record and good competitive exam scores. Apart from this, candidates can apply to these popular scholarship programs to get financial aid:
Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS):
This scholarship is government-funded and aims to provide quality education at the masters and Ph.D. levels.
University of Waterloo Graduate Scholarship:
Students with exceptional academic qualifications are offered this scholarship by the University of Waterloo.
Go Clean Scholarship: Scholarship for students with exceptional qualifications who want to pursue their post-graduate studies abroad.
Q. Which are the top MBA colleges in Canada without work experience requirements?
A. There are few MBA colleges in Canada which do not require previous work experience. Those colleges are as follow:
- New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver Campus.
- Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, British Columbia.
- The Sprott School of Business, Ontario (Carleton University)
- University of Windsor, Ontario.
Q. Which are the best MBA programs in Canada 2020?
A. High demand MBA programs in Canada in 2020 are specialization in IT and technology management, Accounting, Human Resources and General management.
Register For Free Visa Consultation