IELTS TRF or Test Report Form is a certificate that is issued to the test takers which contains the overall score and the band score of listening, reading, writing, and speaking. The TRF IELTS is submitted to educational institutions, immigration offices, or organizations to showcase the English language proficiency of the individuals. The TRF will be valid for 2 years. You’ll receive only one copy of the TRF, in case you’re applying for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) or the United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA), then you’ll receive two copies.
The TRF IELTS will be available 13 days after taking the paper-based test, and 3 to 5 days after taking the computer-delivered test. If you take the Life skills A1 or B1 test, then you can get the TRF 7 days after the test. You can collect your TRF from the IDP test centre by providing the identity proof that you used while registering or you can download it from the official website.
IELTS TRF Sample
The IELTS TRF contains scores that are authentic and can’t be altered. To prevent fraudulent activity, photograph of the candidate who has taken the test is included in the TRF. The IELTS TRF will be verified by institutions for the genuinity so it’s essential to be familiar with the details contained in the TRF certificate. Check the following IELTS TRF sample to know the details that are included:
- Test type: Academic or General Training
- Test centre number
- Test date
- Candidate Number
- Candidate Details: Name, Date of Birth, Contact details, ID details
- Test results: Overall band score and scores of
- listening, reading, writing, and speaking.
- IELTS test report form number
IELTS Test Report Form Verification
IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) verification is a process that universities, colleges, immigration departments, and organizations conduct to validate the authenticity of IELTS test scores. Candidates' IELTS results will be assessed using the online IELTS Test Report Form verification site. Access to this service is free, which allows organizations to verify whether the applicant is providing a genuine TRF or not. The process of IELTS TRF verification involves registering the organization for the IELTS results verification service. Then with the candidates' TRF number, organizations can download the IELTS results electronically.
Following are the steps that organizations need to perform to verify the TRF:
- Visit www.ielts.org/verify
- Log in with the username and password sent to your registered email address.
- Select ‘TRF Query’ from the menu to verify the TRF.
- Enter the TRF number which is in the bottom right corner of the test report form.
- Click verify and view the TRF whether it has matched the provided TRF.
Additional Test Report Form (ATRF)
The Additional Test Report Form is acquired to send the candidates’ IELTS results to multiple universities/colleges, and organizations like immigration departments. Test takers can request the ATRF within a month of the test date. ATRF requests cannot be cancelled after they are submitted. As of February 1, 2020, IDP no longer accepts physical applications, so you need to apply directly on the IDP official website.
The first five electronic additional TRFs will be sent to the institution free of charge but there will be additional charges for courier/overseas postage services. If you want more than five copies of the ATRF, you may be charged an administration fee of INR 250. The additional TRF request will be processed within 5-10 working days.
How to track the IELTS TRF?
You can track the status of your IELTS TRF by contacting the test centre where you have appeared for the exam. They will provide you with the information on when you can expect the TRF. If you’ve taken the paper-based exam, you can track the IELTS TRF after the 13th day of the test date. If you’ve appeared for the computer-delivered test you can track it within 3-5 days. And, students who have taken life skills can track within 7 days of the test date. You can visit the official website of the IDP, log in and download the eTRF or visit the test centre by providing your identity proof.
Hope, this article has given insights about the TRF IELTS in detail with all your queries answered. Get the TRF, a copy of your IELTS results on the specified date, and submit it to the institutes for verification.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is TRF in IELTS?
IELTS Test Report Form is a certificate that contains the results of the candidates' IELTS test. The TRF is the proof that is submitted to the organization that requires an IELTS score to know the student's English language proficiency.
2. How can I get my IELTS TRF?
You can get the IELTS TRF by visiting the test centre or through the post. You can also download the eTRF from the IDP official website. Student's taking the IELTS online can receive the results electronically.
3. What is the full form of TRF?
The full form of TRF is Test Report Form.
4. What should I do if I lost my IELTS TRF?
If you lost the TRF, contact the test centre that issued the results. You’ll get the additional TRF in that case.
5. Can I get my IELTS TRF online?
You can collect your TRF from the test centre or by post or you can download it from the official website. Your test centre will not provide your results through email, call, or fax.
6. Does the IELTS score change in TRF?
There is less possibility that your score may change in the results online. Your IELTS score may change in TRF only when the score is uploaded with a typing error.
7. How do I download TRF?
Follow the below steps to download the TRF:
- Login at www.ielts.org/TRF with the email ID that you provided while applying.
- Then, click Download Results.
- Choose the date on which you have taken the test. You need to choose the range of dates for the results.
- Choose the format i.e, CSV or XML.
- Click Submit. Now, your results will be dispatched to the institution within the range of dates you specified.
8. Does IDP send hard copies of TRF?
You will receive a copy of the Test Report Form from the test centre you’ve appeared for, to your postal address.
9. Why have my IELTS results been withheld or delayed?
Following are the reasons why your IELTS results are withheld:
- Your results may not be issued 13 days after the test date if the IELTS test partners decide to review any matter associated with the test. In some cases, you may be required to retake one or more IELTS components.
- Your results may be cancelled if any irregularities are identified.
- If any of the data in the Test Report Form provided by you or your agent to organizations has been altered in any way, your original test result may be cancelled.