NORTHERN LIGHTS COLLEGE
Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
About Northern Lights College
Public College Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
Northern Lights College is one of the top universities and colleges in Canada. This college is a designated learning institute in Fort St. John with DLI number - 019395299444 . The Northern Lights College, British Columbia has a total of 41000 passed out students. Currently Northern Lights College has a total number of 1904 students with 1121 students studying full time courses and 783 students studying part-time courses. The number of international students in Northern Lights College is currently 700. The Northern Lights College has a total number of 180 teaching faculties and 74 non-teaching faculties. The college is located 1.7 km from Northern Alberta Railway Park (NAR Park), 24.9 km from Kiskatinaw Bridge, 1.10 km from Dawson Creek Art Gallery.
If you want to study in Canada Northern Lights College is highly recommended for you.
Is Northern Lights College a public, private or government college?
Northern Lights College is a "PUBLIC College" founded in the year 1973. It is one of the top PUBLIC institutes in Fort St. John, British Columbia, Canada
Northern Lights College Campuses
Northern Lights College currently has 2 campuses located in the Dawson Creek, Fort St. John.
|1||Dawson Creek Campus||Dawson Creek||British Columbia||Canada|
|2||Fort St John Campus||Fort St. John||British Columbia||Canada|
All these campuses are active with respect to recruiting international students.
NOTE: Northern Lights College is Our Partner Institute
Northern Lights College is one of the best colleges in Fort St. John that have multiple campuses. Being one of the top colleges in British Columbia Northern Lights College is very popular among the international student community including Indian students.
International students studying in Northern Lights College can enjoy unlimited access to following facilities in the campus.
- Northern Lights College student residence details - Student residence/ housing/ on campus accommodation/ hostel is provided by Northern Lights College with major facilities like wifi, dining, etc. Timings: Monday to Friday 7 a.m - 7 p.m
- Bookstore - Northern Lights College has a world-class book store with wide collections of student academic utilities. Northern Lights College’s bookstore on campus is available from Monday to Friday 10 a.m – 6 p.m
- Parking - Parking is available in all campuses .
- Meal fees - The student studying in the academic institute on an average spends CAD $1070 per month for food.
- Athletics & Wellness - Northern Lights College has world class gym & fitness facilities. Athletics & Wellness centre of Northern Lights College timings: Tuesday to Saturday 3:00 a.m - 8:00 p.m
- Lockers - This educational institute offers safety lockers for students.
This college has a number of sports clubs, cultural clubs, music clubs, and international student clubs. Some of the clubs are listed below
- Rotary Club - Dawson Creek (Supervisor)
- Athletic club - Fort St. John (Supervisor)
- Occupational club - Fort Nelson (Supervisor)
- Cultural club - Tumbler Ridge (Supervisor)
- Social club - Fort St. John (Supervisor)
- The campus tour is available in the Northern Lights College. Have a look at the university map here.
This Northern Lights College has a total number of 41000 alumni. Some of the notable and popular alumni of Northern Lights College are:
- Bob Zimmer - Canadian politician and a Member of Parliament
- Judy Fox-McGuire - Senior Probation Officer
Northern Lights College Rankings
According to QS World Ranking Northern Lights College is ranked 1307 globally in 2022. According to another popular ranking body US News & World Report, Northern Lights College is ranked 46 in Canada for the year 2022. This college has also secured rank #1208 in 2022 according to Times Higher Education .
US News & World Report Ranking
QS World Ranking
Times Higher Education Ranking
Northern Lights College Application fee for international students
Non - refundable application fee for UG, PG, Diploma and certification courses in Northern Lights College is $100. This application fee is to be paid along with completed application, mandatory documents, SOP & LOR for admissions. Also, note that paying the application fee doesn’t guarantee admission.
Northern Lights College Fees
On an average Tuition fee for Northern Lights College per semester is CAD $1,707 . You can find UG, PG, Diploma and MBA fee below.
|UG Tuition FEE||PG Tuition FEE||DIPLOMA Tuition FEE||MBA Tuition FEE|
|CAD $5,483||CAD $7,700||CAD $5,464||CAD $9,510|
Northern Lights College library contains 5819 e-books, 6670 research guides, 5148 databases. You can contact a library representative on Monday to Thursday 9 a.m - 9 p.m at 04422201011. You can also reach through email@example.com.
Northern Lights College claims 83% of its students who get placed within a short period of the course completion. Check out their job postings here
Part-time jobs at Northern Lights College for Indian students
Apart from regular teaching assistantships and lab assistantships, following part-time jobs are available for Indian students in Northern Lights College
- Assistant to the Director
- Business Management
- Campus Clerk - Workforce Training
- Facilities Office Administrator
- Financial Aid Officer Lead
Top companies recruiting Northern Lights College students
Here are some of the top companies recruiting international students of Northern Lights College regularly:
- B.O.A Merrill Lynch
- Stemcells Technologies
Northern Lights College graduate average salary based on degree
|LEVELS||SALARY in CAD$|
|Bachelors||CAD $27,000 per year|
|Masters||CAD $36,500 per year|
|MBA||CAD $78,000 per year|
Northern Lights College students working as Instructor earns an average salary of CAD $46.31 per year, Administrator earns an average salary of CAD $101,438 per year, Service Clerk earns an average salary of CAD $44,069 per year, Clerk earns an average salary of CAD $23.46 per year, Head officer earns an average salary of CAD $74,06 per year
More details about Northern Lights College for Indian students
- Northern Lights College is located in the Fort St. John.
- Northern Lights College visa success rate is 32%.
- Maximum backlogs allowed for international students is 8.
Upcoming Intakes for Northern Lights College
- Sep 2022
- Jan 2023
You can know more about the best intake season in Canada for international students here →
Know more about Sep 2022 intake PDF →
Know more about Jan 2023 intake PDF →
|Bachelor’s Degree Program - Eligibility|
|Minimum 60% in 10th & 12th.||Minimum 5.5 IELTS reading score , 5.5 IELTS Writing score, Minimum 5.5 Listening score, Minimum 5.5 Speaking score. Overall 6.0 IELTS Band score.||SOP, LOR, Transcript, Resume, Official score reporting, WES.|
|Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate Program - Eligibility|
|Minimum 60% in 10th & 12th. Minmum 55% in diploma & Bachelor's courses.||Minimum 6.0 IELTS reading score, 6.0 IELTS Writing score, Minimum 6.0 Listening score, Minimum 6.0 Speaking score. Overall 6.5 IELTS Band score.||SOP, LOR, Transcript, Resume, Official score reporting, WES.|
Important Details About Northern Lights College for Indian Students:
|PG Work permit||Yes|
Contact Information of Northern Lights College for International Students
|Phone Number1-866-463-6652||Mobile Number1-866-463-6652|
|Location: view on google map|
|Address:9820 120 Ave,Fort St. John,British Columbia,Canada - V1J 6K1|
International Entrance exams - Scores Required for Admission:
Duolingo English Test Requirements
Diploma and Associate of Arts Degree Programs
6.0 overall no band less than 6.0
Not accepted anymore.
Associate of Science
6.5 not less than 6 with Reading 6.5
Postgraduate diploma programs
6.0 overall no band less than 6.0
* Important Note:
1) Showing documentation of an IELTS result with an overall score of 6.0 or higher with no band less than 6.0. (Students with a writing band of 6.0 or less are required to complete English 099 with a "B" grade or higher before enrolling in any English courses required for program completion; the necessity for completing this upgrade can extend the length of the program.)
2) NLC may accept as equivalent a TOEFL iBT of 78, Canadian Academic English Assessment (CAEL) 60 overall band, Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment (CLBA) 8 in each section, Pearson Test of English (PTE) 57, Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) 76, Cambridge-Michigan Language Assessment (CaMLA) 68
Note :- All International Students with Writing Bands of 6 or less, will have to study ENGL099 as an additional Subject and clear it with a "B" in first semester.
Note :- Study Gap should not be more than 5 Years for PG Program and 3 years for UG program.
Note :- Student's above age of 30 are not eligible.
Admission Requirements for Northern Lights College
- Consolidated Marksheet
- Experience Certificate ( for some cases)
- Salary Slip ( for some cases)
- Salary Account Bank Statement ( for some cases)
- Appointment Letter ( for some cases)
- 12th Docs
- 10th Docs
- Birth Certificate
- Backlog summary ( for some cases)
- Passport first page
- Passport last page
- Application form
- Essay or writing sample
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Official score reports of TOEFL
- Official score reports of PTE
- Letter from Bank stating funds available for study
- Affidavit of Financial Support i.e. letter signed from sponsor or parent
- Transcripts and Mark sheets from College or University
- Certificates of Extracurricular Activities
- SOP for Canada
- Official score reports of IELTS
Deadline for Admissions
Useful resources for Northern Lights College
Download NorthernLightCollegeApplicationForm (PDF)
Download Northern-Lights-College-International-Brochure (PDF)
Accommodation for Indian Students studying at Northern Lights College
On - campus accommodation
Northern Lights College can accomodate upto 2500 students on campus. The on campus accommodation fees is CAD $870. You can reach the Northern Lights College student residence at 8664636652.
Off - campus accommodation
Get the support from the Northern Lights College for off-campus housing. Check out the off campus housing information here
Things To Know About Study In Canada Before Enrolling at Northern Lights College
Northern Lights College Location and Contact details
|Phone number||Mobile number|
|Address||9820 120 Ave, Fort St. John, |
British Columbia, Canada
Top Universities in Fort St. John
Find a list of all the top Fort St. John universities here with rankings, fees, scholarships & placement details.
Top Universities in British Columbia
Find a list of all the top British Columbia universities here with rankings, fees, scholarships & placement details.
Top Universities in Canada
Find a list of all the top Canada universities here with rankings, fees, scholarships & placement details.
A truly global higher education partner to learners and education institutions Support learners at every point in their global education journey with reliable services, products and solutions.
Kanan Intl EdTech Inc
229, Yonge Street Suite 450 Toronto Ontario, Canada M5B 1N9
Kanan International Pvt. Ltd.
D-wing, 2nd Floor, Trident Complex, Ellora Park Vadiwadi Road, Vadodara, Gujarat 390007
IT/ Digital Campus
132, Habibullah Rd, Satyamurthy Nagar, T. Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600017